Heavy metals toxic to the body include: mercury, lead, aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, nickel, antimony, thallium and uranium.
Just a few diseases attributed to heavy metals: cancer, cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer's, autism, brain damage, low thyroid, birth defects and deformities...
Every day, we are all exposed to small amounts of toxic elements. This adds up continually over the years to be a significant accumulation of poisonous substances in our bodies.
Because the process is so gradual, we don't attribute gradually increasing health problems to exposure to lead, mercury, aluminum and other such elements.
Mercury: The most common toxic element. Dental amalgam silver fillings, vaccines (used as preservative), most fish, grains (used to prevent mold in stored wheat, rice, etc., the air we breathe.
Lead: Certain types of paints, PVC plastic, the air we breathe. We are all born with lead in our bones - enough to make us very sick. We ALL need to detox, especially menopausal women who are exposed to lead as a result of decalcification of bones.
Aluminum: Aluminum foil, cookware, food additives, electronic devices, antiperspirants.
Arsenic: Wood preservative, insecticide, alloy in copper and lead, some animal feeds.
Cadmium: Cigarette smoke, batteries, metal plating, textiles, plastics.
Nickel: Batteries, stainless steel, coins, cigarette smoke, coins, chocolate, polluted water and air.
Antimony: Commonly used as flame retardant in children's clothes, auto seat covers.
Thallium: Used in electronics, glass manufacture, pharmaceuticals
Uranium: Refined uranium is highly radioactive and dangerous; used in military and power plant applications. Even when unrefined, uranium is a deadly toxin.
Mercury is one of the most toxic substances in existence. This heavy metal accumulates mostly in the brain, nervous system, endocrine glands, heart and kidneys.
Mercury poisoning is one of the most common kinds of heavy metal toxicity.
Mercury toxicity symptoms include depression, autoimmune disorders, anemia and heart attacks, among other health problems.
Do you know that so-called 'silver' fillings are 50% mercury by weight? There is enough mercury in one medium-sized filling to force the closing of a 10 acre lake!
Conventional dentistry does not recognize 'silver' fillings as a source of mercury toxicity, and claims they are inert. However, scientific research has proved that to be false. Mercury is a very unstable element, as its nickname, 'quicksilver' indicates.
Just one mercury filling releases on average 17 micrograms of mercury into the body every day. Hot liquids and the movement and abrasive action of chewing food releases mercury vapors into the oral cavity and sinuses. We then breathe the vapors into our lungs, where they go directly into our bloodstream, to every cell in our bodies.
How you can minimize mercury exposure.
1 - NEVER use a mercury thermometer for any reason. Safely dispose of any you may have, and use digital thermometers.
2 - Find a dentist who does not believe in putting toxic metals into peoples' mouths. To find a dentist in your area, ask at health stores or inquire at the office of a holistic MD.
Not all such dentists are on lists of mercury-free dentists. Some, like my dentist, don't like some other effects of mercury fillings, for example, the tendency to eventually expand and crack peoples' teeth!
3 - Be VERY cautious if you consider having your mercury fillings removed! ACUTE MERCURY POISONING could result, depending on the condition of your immune system, toxic load already in your body, etc. Don't be in a big hurry - do your research.
4 - Sadly, ocean fish like salmon, tuna, and swordfish - rich sources of omega-3's and other super nutrients, now contain mercury in ever-increasing amounts. You are better off turning to land-based sources of healthy fats, such as pasture raised beef, eggs and poultry.
You most likely are somewhat familiar with the toxic effects of lead. Among other symptoms, a toxic burden of lead in the body has been shown to lower I.Q.!
For years, warnings have been issued about keeping children from playing with or ingesting chipped paint from old buildings. House paints of decades past contained high amounts of lead.
Lead also is found in solder used to join copper pipes that carry water into our homes.
Every one of us is BORN with a burden of lead toxicity right in our bones!
This makes it important for everyone to consider ways to
safely and effectively detoxify heavy metals.
Disclaimer: Throughout this entire website, statements are madepertaining to the properties and/or functions of food and/or nutritional products. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and these materials and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Any and all articles, answers and comments on this site are for general information, and are not intended to be a substitute for your informed professional medical or other professional advice.
You are responsible for the results or consequences of your choices based on general information presented here. Information is used at your own risk.
The owner expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service, or service provider or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. For all health and medical questions, please consult with your doctor. By viewing this site, you are stating that you agree with this disclaimer.
Medicardium Magnesium Di-Potassium EDTA Chelation Suppositories
EDTA is a chelator which also supports circulatory capacity and nitric oxide production. For more info,
Vas-cu-Care - Montiff's cardiovascular, nitric-oxide formula extraordinaire!
For more info,